It should be understood that both the working methods and the effectiveness of the impact depend on many factors (among which the concept of “the complexity of the manifestations of the diagnosis” is far from the only one), so it’s absolutely unethical and unprofessional to state certain results for everyone without exception and give unsupported warranties.
However, there is a certain list of diagnoses when working with which the dolphin assisted therapy has proven itself from the best side:
- Early Childhood Autism;
- Down Syndrome;
- psycho-speech delay;
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder;
- organic lesions of the brain and central nervous system;
- mental retardation;
- cerebral palsy of varying severity.
When deciding on the course of dolphin assisted therapy, one must first of all focus on the physical and psychological characteristics of the child, taking as the basis the recommendations of the attending physician and / or psychologist-consultant.
Contraindications to the course of psychocorrection with the participation of dolphins are:
- progressive schizophrenia;
- uncontrolled bouts of aggression or panic;
- features of physical development in which physical activity can provoke damage to the cardiovascular system or lead to any irreversible changes;
- infectious or skin diseases.