The training scheme presented below is a kind of averaged option, the “template” on the basis of which the relationships between a person and a dolphin during a course of psychocorrection are built. Changes in its structure is normal, not an exception, and therefore, depending on the aims, it can be transformed quite extensively. Only one thing remains unchanged – the presence of a dolphin as close to the child as possible.
Each session which lasts 20 minutes can be divided into two parts approximately equal in time: the session on the platform and in the water.
Session on the platform:
1) In the beginning, we learn to greet the dolphin, he waves his fins or tail to us and enjoys a new meeting.
2) Then we call the dolphin ashore, for a closer acquaintance. We stroke it, compare the structure of his body with our own and marvel at his unusual beauty.
3) Then the most interesting part begins – it is the game. During this part of the session, the dolphin therapist can actively use the elements of game therapy, and the process itself can be both role-play-based and subject-based.
4) Elements of art therapy are also used during the session: it is an emotional response that allows us to better feel the situation and the elements of co-creation in which the child’s creative potential is realized in interaction with the dolphin (we dance and sing along with it, etc.).
5) And of course – sonophoresis! Thanks to it, the metabolic processes in the brain and central nervous system of a person improve, the formed neural connections are strengthened, and the saturation of cells with nutrients is accelerated.
Session in the water:
1) Before descending into the water, the child must be prepared for it (depending on the situation, we can either just sit on the edge of the platform to get used to the temperature of the water, or actively play in “pouring” with the help of buckets or other equipment).
2) Swimming with a dolphin is an important part of the activity. Although this action is not key, it allows to fully reveal the potential of unity of a person and a dolphin, as well as significantly increase the person’s independence and confidence.
3) Dolphins are very playful creatures and therefore, going down into the water, we continue to enjoy this feature of them, throwing the ball to each other, catching rings, dancing around them and arranging funny races.
4) If the child has acquired all the basic skills of communicating with dolphins and expresses a desire, he can absolutely safely swim and dive on his own, studying the underwater world, being completely safe next to the psychologist dolphin therapist.